Today I am going to show you how to set up Rich Pins for Pinterest for your WordPress blog.
You may be scratching your head and wondering what on earth Rich Pins are and how they can benefit you and your blog or you may have heard about Rich Pins and haven’t enabled them yet.
The great thing about enabling Rich Pins is that it only takes less than five minutes to set up. Score!
What are Rich Pins and How to Set Up Rich Pins for Pinterest
Rich Pins show your name, your blog name and a description on your pins. Here are what Rich Pins look like:
Rich Pins are categorized into four categories:
- Product Pins
- Recipe Pins
- Article Pins (like the image above)
- App Pins
Rich Pins are more credible rather than pins that do not have Rich Pins enabled. The user can click on the pin and find out where it has come from and click through to the website.
How to Enable Rich Pins
- Download and install the Yoast SEO Plugin – which is free for WordPress sites. Click here to download Yoast SEO Plugin. Upload, install and activate Yoast SEO.
- You’re going to need to enable metadata from the Yoast SEO plugin in order to enable Rich Pins. To do this simply hover over the Yoast SEO plugin on your WordPress dashboard and click on Social and then click on the Facebook tab.
You want to make sure that the Add Open Graph meta data box in set to Enabled.
Yay! The hard part is done.
Now we need to validate and apply for Rich Pins over on Pinterest.
3. Head on over to the Rich Pins Validator on Pinterest.
Now you’re going to enter in a valid URL from any one of your blog posts then click on Validate.
Haven’t started a blog yet? Check out my easy step-by-step by guide here.
4. Well done! You should now come to a page which says, Your Pins Have Been Validated! and click the Apply button. You should be approved right away. If you’re not approved right away, Pinterest will notify you by email (usually within 24 hours).
If you’re looking for a Pinterest course with heaps of actionable tips, I recommend Pinning Perfect by Blog Clarity. It is the only Pinterest course that provides in depth detail about Pinterest and it really works. It will also change your mind about the whole Pinterest game – definitely a course worth taking.
Download a free copy of the Ultimate Blogging Starter Pack below